Saturday, September 12, 2009

12 September 2009

After a couple days this week with the flu, I'm not sure if it was the heat of the day or the hangover from being sick, but I did not have much strength as I started a bike ride down Legacy Parkway about 2:00 pm. Nothing eventful happened until about 2 miles from the finish.



First I saw 'him.' Then in the exact same instant, I felt wings buzzing, tasted pollen, and felt the tip of my tongue explode with intense pain. By the time I wiped him out of my mouth with my fingers, I knew this frail existence was about to end. OH the PAIN ! With in minutes every tooth felt like a tooth ache and the front half of my tongue was numb. I kept checking my breathing to see if anaphylactic shock was beginning to happen. It wasn't the last time I'd checked....

By the time I made it back to to my vehicle I was beginning to believe this would not be my last moments but that I'd live to ride the Legacy again. Though the truck's mirror reflected a big ugly brown bump the size of a half BB, which I carefully picked off and drove home. Do you know how hard it is to pick a stinger off of a numb tongue while looking in the rear view mirror. Oh the horror....

Today's Miles (minus the drama) - 25.4 Miles

Total Miles - 1455.8 Miles

No comments: