Thursday, July 16, 2009

16 July 2009

Woke up at the cabin and after a breakfast of one tomatoe, some fresh pineapple, and a granola bar, I was out the door with my mountain bike. Drove to St Charles church and parked. Headed south back towards Garden City. I did this because I wanted to get the busy road part of the trip done early and I wanted to go fishing at Bloomington Lake after the ride. My legs were rubbery before I made it back to Pickleville. The last 2/3 of the loop was down right painful. But I made it and only had to walk up one hill. I was at one time thinking of fishing for a couple of hours and then returning for another loop around the bear. But now I'm thinking I'll take it easy and save my legs for one last ride on Saturday. 101 miles in less than 22 Hours is a little more than these old legs are acustomed to.

Today's Miles - 50.5 Miles

Total Miles - 575.8 Miles

By the way, I did catch some fish at Bloomington, but they were all less than 12" long so just threw them back. The bigger fish was swimming right by the lures and not even interested.

No comments: