Thursday, July 30, 2009

30 July 2009

Legacy Parkway again this morning. On the way back towards Farmington, I was passed by this guy who was really crankin. Flew past me like I was standing still. His Spandex jersey said "Destination Homes" on it so I yelled out and asked if he worked for them. He quickly answered no and flew out of sight. About a mile later I see him coming back towards me and he explained that he was in the middle of a 9 minute "interval" and couldn't talk before. So for the next 5 miles I tried my dangest to keep up with him, me on a mountain bike and he on his racer. See he races on the "Biker's Edge" racing team. Anyway it was definitely the fastest 5 miles I've rode ever. He did comment that I do pretty good on that knobby tire bike. And he said in such a way that I did not feel it was a put down at all.

Long story short is he asked me to come over and look to see why his roof is leaking next to his chimney. His name is Eric and quite a nice guy. It was very enjoyable to have him to ride along for a while today. But boy am I tired.........

Today's Miles - 25.4 Miles

Total Miles - 722.2 Miles

No comments: